Understanding the Universe
Real science education with real data and real experience
BBCode tags let you format text in your profile and message-board postings.
It's similar to HTML, but simpler.
The tags start with a [ (where you would have used < in HTML)
and end with ]
(where you would have used > in HTML).
- [b]Bold[/b] to Bold
- [i]Italic[/i] to Italic
- [u]Underline[/u] to Underline
- [size=20]Absolute size[/size] to
- [size=+1]Relative size[/size] to
Relative size (from -7 to +7)
(this is prefered!)
- [color=red]Red text[/color] to produce
- [url=http://google.com/]Google[/url] links to
- [quote]Quoted[/quote] for quoted blocks of text
- [quote=someone]Quoted[/quote] for quoted blocks of text, citing quoted author
- [img]http://some.web.site/pic.jpg[/img] to display an image
- [code]Code snippet here[/code] to display some code
- [pre]Pre-formatted text here[/pre] to display some pre-formatted text
- [[Term]] link to a term defined in the Library (our wiki)
- [[w:Term]] link to a term defined in the Wikipedia
- [[bz:280]] links to Bug
in our Bugzilla.
Lists are also possible:
If you don't close a tag or don't specify a parameter correctly,
the raw tag itself will display instead of the formatted text.
Copyright © 2019 Marge Bardeen, for the I2U2 Confederation